AORN National Updates - Daphny Peneza
This announcement has 2 attachments:
AORN National Updates
Compiled by Daphny Grace M. Peneza, MSN, RN, CNOR
Time to Vote: AORN National Elections 2018
Each year at election time every AORN member has a chance to influence the direction of the association. Twenty perioperative nurses are on the slate of candidates to run for AORN office to serve as national officers, members of the board of directors, and to serve on the national Nominating Committee. Meet the candidates and learn why your vote matters.
Here's how to get informed before you cast your vote:
- Meet the Candidates
Read candidate bios, now online, to learn about their perioperative nursing practice experience and previous volunteer work with AORN and view the candidates' videos online.
- Candidate Q&A
Check out the candidates' online responses to questions about what they hope to achieve for the association if elected.
Be Ready to Vote! Voting is now open and closes at midnight on March 27.
Check out this year's candidates and learn more about how they work for the association.
Open for Public Comment
Guideline for Safe Patient Handling and Movement is open is open for public comment from March 2 - April 2, 2018. This document provides guidance to perioperative professionals for developing, implementing, and maintaining an effective safe patient handling and movement program to reduce the incidence and minimize the severity of injuries to patients and health care workers related to performance of high-risk tasks in the perioperative environment. Go to https://www.aorn.org/Aorn-org/Events/Public-Comments
AORN Global Surgical Conference & Expo 2018 Registration Still Open
AORN is returning to New Orleans for its 65th anniversary. Make plans to attend Global Surgical Conference and Expo 2018, a revolutionary learning experience featuring dynamic range of topics, world renowned speakers, top notch researchers, latest evidenced based practices.
New at AORN Expo 2018:
- On-Demand Streaming - Can’t make it to a session? Listen to a recording through our new streaming service. Streaming will be available for concurrent education sessions and made available for up to one month after the conference.
- Rapid Fire - It will be easy to stay engaged at these new, fast-paced
presentations. Sessions will consist of multiple speakers presenting on the same
topic but with different angles.
Go to https://www.aorn.org/surgicalexpo to register.
New and Revised Guidelines for 2018
AORN has published 2018 Guidelines for Perioperative Practice, a collection or 32 guidelines that provide evidence-based recommendations to deliver safe perioperative patient care and workplace safety.
- New - Guideline for Team Communication
- Updated - Guideline for Positioning the Patient
- Updated - Guideline for Medication Safety
- Updated - Guideline for the Prevention of Venous Thromboembolism
- Updated - Guideline for Medical Device and Product Evaluation
- Updated - Guideline for Manual Chemical High Level Disinfection